An exhibition with photographs by recently arrested journalist Ahmet Şık was inaugurated yesterday at Karşı Art Gallery in Istanbul. 30 Ahmet Şık photographs originating from his decades long journalism experience will be exhibited until April 12th in the same venue.
Today “Ahmet Şık’s Friends”, a group formed by supporters of freedom of press and actual friends of the journalist will protest his arrest at Galatasaray square by mailing pictures to Şık and will march to the exhibit location.
“I Bare Witness” exhibit will continue during April and May in Istanbul in several locations.
- April 8-12:Karşı Sanat Galerisi (Gazeteci Erol Dernek Sokak No:11 Beyoğlu)
- April 16-22: Evrensel Sanat Galerisi (Kamerhatun Mahallesi, Alhatun Sokak, No:25 Tarlabaşı / Beyoğlu)
- Walking Exhibit: April 16th 1pm from Galatasaray Square to Evrensel Sanat Galerisi
- April 23-29: Kazım Koyuncu Kültür Merkezi (Caferağa Mah. Mühürdar Cad. No 95 / A Caferağa / Kadıköy)
- Walking Exhibit: April 23rd 1pm. Kadıköy Pier – Kadıköy Post Office – Kazım Koyuncu Kültür Merkezi
- May 3-8: Nazım Hikmet Kültür Merkezi (Ali Suavi Sokağı (Sanatçılar Sokağı), No: 7 Kadıköy)
- Walking Exhibit: May 3rd 4pm. Kadıköy Post Office – Kazım Koyuncu Kültür Merkezi – Nazım Hikmet Kültür Merkezi